IT LAW AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS LAW
Modern information technology and telecommunication are some of the key success factors of companies. The associated legal issues are complex and evolve dynamically with the rapid development of technology and the ever new application areas.
We offer not only profound legal cross-sectional competence but also have technical expertise and practical business experience within the scope of modern information technology and specific business models in the IT industry.
Our practice areas include:
- IT contract law, including the draft of individual contracts and general terms and conditions (contracts for IT-projects, the development and licensing of individual software, the distribution of standard software, the customization of standard software, software maintenance, purchase and distribution of hardware, outsourcing contracts, production and cooperation agreements)
- enforcement of or defense against warranty claims
- law of electronic commerce, including the draft of provider contracts and conditions of use (online-/mobile business) as well as references to competition law and copyright, legal advice in the creation of websites and web shops, distance selling contracts and notices of cancellation
- matters of intellectual property in the field of information technology, questions about trademark law and in particular domain law
- right of data privacy and the security of information technologies
- law of communication networks and services, in particular telecommunications law
- public procurement of information technology services with reference to the European and German competition law and anti-trust law
- international issues, including private international law