RESTRUCTURING AND INSOLVENCY
In the event of an economic crisis we provide reliable and comprehensive advice to companies and financial institutions, whether creditors or debtors, on how to restructure or to seek insolvency. Moreover, we provide legal assistance for shareholders and executive management bodies of debtor companies on how to avoid liability and criminal liability risks.
Our support also includes advice to creditors and collateral takers on how to enforce their claims and practical suggestions to ensure their demands are met.
In addition we assist our clients in company liquidations. We design and assess insolvency plans and negotiate with the relevant insolvency and tax authorities.
Our services include:
- consulting with shareholders and managers
- representation in cases which allege a breach of duty, a claim for damages or other investigations
- advising corporate bodies in insurance law (D & O insurance)
- advising creditors and collateral takers
- enforcement of creditors' rights at times of crisis, or when restructurning and insolvency is involved
- attend insolvency proceedings with the client
- attend self-administrations with the client
- provide advice when disputes arise under insolvency law
- structuring of bank and supplier pools
- undertaking the purchase of stocks and shares arising from an insolvency
- attendance at creditor meetings
- participation in the creditors' committee
- company liquidations
- the drafting and examination of insolvency plans, and where appicable attend protection proceedings